By Larry LeMasters
Silvestri Bros. was founded by three brothers from on the south side of Pittsburgh around 1950. The company became famous for its chalkware figurines, lamps, and banks. The three brothers worked hard, and soon became an international company, extending into Canada and Puerto Rico. Silvestri Bros. also saw the potential in wholesaling their chalk wares to large department stores such as J. C. Pennyís, and Sears.